Bhiksu University of Sri Lanka has decided to award a limited number of scholarships for Foreign Buddhist Clergy who are willing to pursue their Postgraduate Degree from the University in the year 2020.
- Name of the Scholarship: Vice Chancellor's Postgraduate Scholarship
- Number of Scholarships:
- Master of Arts: 03
- Master of Philosophy: 01
- Doctor of Philosophy: 01
- Postgraduate Programmes: Master of Arts (By Research), Master of Philosophy, Doctor of
- Subject Areas:
Buddhist Studies, Sinhala, Pali, Sanskrit, Archeology, History, Sociology, Education Science, Philosophy.
Terms and Conditions:
- Only foreign Buddhist Clergy are eligible for this scholarship programme.
- Only completed applications accompanied by all supporting documents will be considered.
- The applicants should complete the required qualifications approved by the Senate to follow the selected Postgraduate Degrees.
- The applicants will be assessed according to a predefined assessment criteria set out in order to grant the scholarships.
- The applicants may be requested to submit further information or to attend an interview.
- The continuation of the scholarship will be decided by the University, based on the annual academic progress of the scholarship holders.
- The registration for the selected postgraduate programme on due date is compulsory and the Scholarships will not be shifted to the following academic year.
- If a scholarship holder fails to demonstrate a satisfactory progress in the research progress reviews, the University deserves all the rights to withhold the scholarship without any prior notice.
- The granted Scholarship of any scholarship holder, who will become a convict by violating University rules and regulations, will be withheld by the University.
- If any scholarship holder disrobes during the period of the academic programme, the studentship of the scholarship holder will be cancelled automatically.
- Well-disciplined conduct and good attitude are highly considered by the University throughout the programme.
- Only the course fees, other academic fees and free hostel facilities will be provided by the University for the selected Buddhist Clergy under the Scholarship programme and the cost of living and other financial supports are not entitled under this scholarship programme.
- Buddhist Nuns are not entitled for the hostel facilities.
- Age Limit for the Scholarship is given below.
| Higher Degree Programme
| Age Limit
| Master of Arts (by Research)- MA
| Below 40 Years
| Master of Philosophy - MPhil
| Below 40 Years
| Doctor of Philosophy - PhD
| Below 45 Years
The University has the right to withdraw the scholarship if the students are subsequently found to be ineligible or if above terms and conditions are not adhered to.